Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Happy New Year's eve to everyone!

Went to FOP practice today to rehearse for Friday. I was very nervous about playing, but was made to feel right at home. Made me realize though that FOP would be very "empty" (for lack of a better word) without Jesus truly Present in the Eucharist. HE is really and truly Present and is the cause for our joy and praise. I hope my sis realizes that when she comes on Friday.

Babysat a 1 year old last night until about 12:00 am. I always feel sad for this kid because he doesn't have a dad to be a model for him. I was talking about that with a friend today, and he said that there isn't so much a crisis in religious/Priestly vocations as there is a crisis in married life. The more I think about it, the more I realize how very right he is. I hear kids talking about how their parents have gotten drunk in front of them and there are more kids with divorced parents than there are with happily married parents it seems. This is the "culture of death" alright! On the brighter side, I also see kids who have crummy family lives on fire for Christ and the Faith. The Holy Father has had a lot to do with that I think. Thank God for our wonderful "Papa," John Paul II!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home