Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Went to 12:00 Mass today at Holy Family. We had a visiting Priest, and it seemed almost Eastern because he used a bunch of incense! It was such a joy to receive Jesus! I needed His Presence badly. I don't know how Christians manage without the Eucharist. The second reading was wonderful. All about putting love before all things, and the peace that Christ brings. The happiest people I know (the ones that "glow") are the ones who have put love of Christ before all else. I remember when I went to visit the Little Sisters of the Poor, Sr. Elizabeth took me in to see one of the elderly Sisters. She was bedridden, deaf, and blind, but she was full of peace and radiant. Now that's authentic joy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home