Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Sunday, January 18, 2004

I had my first experience in the exterminating business today. I stayed overnight with a lady from my Parish who needed some company. This morning when we got up, she told me that she had been having problems with mice in her attic. She said that she needed someone to go look around up there, and I volunteered. So, armed with a flashlight and gloves, I crawled up there (I thought it was possible to do anything in skirts, but getting into a crawl space wearing a jumper was a little awkward!) Sure enough, there was a trap...with a mouse...that was dead. Yuck. Reminded me of the story of Therese and her "brother" spiders! lol.

The Priest at Mass today gave an awesome homily on the sanctity of marriage. Three cheers for him! He said that the closer you are to God, the closer you are to your spouse. It takes three to make a marriage; God, you, and your spouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home