Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

There is lovely white stuff coming down from the sky. Not snow this time, but sleet! They are calling for 3-6 inches of various forms of precipitation tonight, so I’m forecasting a 2-hour delay for tomorrow. ;-) That would be nice.

It’s official. Mom and I will be bundling up and heading off to DC for the March on the 22nd. I’m looking forward to it a lot. This will be the first time I have ever gone, and it’s been about 20 years since my mom last went. Apparently it is an amazing event!

The household is in a bit of a Carmelite literature craze. Fr. Tom lent me the Complete Works of St. John of the Cross which is incredible. Mom and I are both reading it now. Another one of the monks gave my dad a copy of The Science of the Cross by St. Edith Stein which is also very interesting but a bit over my head. I’m rereading a bunch of things by Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity and St. Teresa of the Andes (and of course, St Therese!) They are all patrons of youth! Straying from the Carmelite writers a little, I’m also working my way through various letters, exhortations, etc. of our Holy Father. Powerful stuff!

The other day we were having a discussion at supper about a local radio show host who does a little Catholic bashing on occasion, and I was quite happy to hear my non-Catholic little sis say she understands why Catholics pray (not worship!!!) to Saints. Her reasoning is right on. We ask friends here on earth for prayers, so why not ask friends in Heaven for prayers as well?

Please, please pray for Fr. Benedict Groeshel who was in a bad accident on Sunday. He is now in critical but stable condition. He is one of the wonderful Priests that helped my parents get started on their journey home to Catholicism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home