Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Monday, January 26, 2004

We've been receiving an onslaught of mail from "St. Matthew's Parish." All of it is very peculiar and very reminiscient of something you would expect a TV evangelist to be pushing. The latest item we got from the was a paper "prayer rug" along with the typical "pray on this rug and you'll get lots of money" message. There is no way on earth this church is Catholic, but I do wonder what exactly they are. Any ideas would be appreciated. My sister sees Saint and parish and assumes they are Catholic.

We got a lot of snow last night, and consequently the schools were closed for the day. Dad and I made it to 12:10 Mass. The Church was pretty empty, but there were still about 30 people there. There are elderly couples at Mass who wouldn't miss it for the world. That's a very beautiful thing to witness. Good marriages have there foundation on God and are sustained by the Sacraments. I'm saying this for the umpteenth time because it is absolutely true.

I wrote to the PCPAs in Ohio, and will be mailing it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to corresponding with M. Dolores. Cloister attracts me a lot and the spirituality of the Poor Clares is wonderful. Perpetual Adoration!! Incredible! I still have to start a novena to St. Therese by the way. lol. Perhaps I should pray a novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home