Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Saturday, February 07, 2004

Guess who we saw at St. Vincent last night? Yep, two of the Korean Sisters!! I think I'd better explain how my family knows them, because it is quite an interesting story...

First, let me explain that my shy genes do not come from my mother! She is one of the most outgoing people I know. Anyway, about 6 months ago, she took my Ethiopian brother-in-law over to the license center to get his permit. While waiting, she spotted five Korean Sisters in habits and decided to talk with them. So, she went up to them and said the first thing she could think of in Korean (incidently, the only thing she knows how to say in Korean)..."thank you very much!" My brother is adopted from Korea, so my parents know a minimal amount of the language. Lucky for her, the Sisters speak a little English, and my mom invited them home for dinner. They very graciously excepted, and we had a wonderful evening. Needless to say, it was quite a joy to see them again! Their order is not doing very well in the US for a number of reasons, but apparently it is thriving in Korea. That seems to be the way things are going with a lot of orders...they are dieing out here, but getting new life in other countries. There are, of course, exceptions! See my links!

I started reading The World's First Love by Fulton J. Sheen. Before, I was too intimidated by just the name of the author to even pick up one of his books! I guess I assumed they were heavy theology and way over my head, but the book I am reading now is absolutely beautiful! I'll share a little:

"His Mother was not like ours, whom we accepted as something historically fixed, which we could not change; He was born of a Mother whom He chose before He was born. It is the only instance in history where both the Son willed the Mother and the Mother willed the Son. And this is what the Creed means when it says "born of the Virgin Mary". She was called by God as Aaron was, and Our Lord was born not just of her flesh but also by her consent...The new Adam, Christ, comes from the new Eve, Mary, in an ecstasy of prayer and love of God and the fullness of freedom."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home