Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Monday, February 02, 2004

Well, Our Lord is working everything out, and it looks like I'll be able to be at Youth 2000. Thanks so much to those who are helping me get there!!!!!

Religion class was an experience today, as usual. We discussed the major things one finds in a Catholic Church...we got through to the Tabernacle and I breathed a sigh of relief when my teacher said that it is where the Eucharist is reserved. I would have screamed and ran out of the room if he had said "bread and wine". As the class continued though, we once again listened to him talk about the possibility of female priesthood (gah! How many times does the Pope have to say it can not and will not happen???). Then the discussion moved to making Mass more "entertaining"...good grief! Jesus is TRULY PRESENT!! Mass is "heaven on earth!" There is NOTHING more beautiful, awing, and wonderful than the Truth that is right in front of us at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Do any of you have similar problems or suggestions for what exactly I can do about this? My Priest was pretty mad when I told him about this class. He suggested I ask my parents to write a letter to the school about it. I think my dad is in the process of writing that now.

Sorry...it's so sad that kids have no idea what the Mass is, and Who it is we're receiving....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home