Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Sorry, avert your eyes unless you want to read an entirely vocation related post.

First, I received the very exciting news that Sr. Marie Cecile will be making her first Profession in May! She is a novice with the Byzantine Carmelites and a very beatiful soul. When I stayed up there during the summer, Mother Superior sent me to do some garden work with her one afternoon. We talked and talked, and she taught me so much about consecrated life just by her demeanor. Hard to explain. Like all the Sisters at Sugarloaf, she had an amazing sense of humor too! I had to go a few steps into the cloister garden while we were working, and she fixed me with a dead serious look and said, "Elizabeth, now according to canon law you're a chosen soul!" then winked. Anyway, please keep her in your prayers!

Other news in the vocation world...One of the brothers at St. Vincent told me a little about the Passionist Nuns who live quite near us. He gave me the phone number for the Superior there, but as of yet, I haven't had the nerve to call her! Lent is generally a time of deeper silence for cloistered Sisters anyway, so maybe I'll wait until we celebrate Christ's Resurrection to give her a call.

St. Joseph's Monastery and Holy Annuciation continue to be very much on my mind. I'm looking forward to talking to Mother Dolores in the next few weeks.

And last, but definitely not least, my brother in Christ recently got his application papers and will be (God willing) entering in October. PRAY for him!!!!! What a beautiful vocation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home