Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Sunday, April 18, 2004



My seminarian friend gave me these beautiful words from St. Faustina's diary for Divine Mercy Sunday:

I saw a great light, with God the Father in the midst of it. Between this light and the earth I saw Jesus nailed to the Cross and in such a way that God, wanting to look upon the earth, had to look through Our Lord's wounds. And I understood that God blessed the earth for the sake of Jesus.

Quite astounding. It left me speechless. Divine Mercy Sunday has to be one of the most beautiful Feasts of the entire year. It isn't celebrated in the East, but I tend to "breathe with both lungs" and celebrated Mercy Sunday anyway!

I've had a lot of 'fessing up to do in the past few days. My good friend very gently helped me understand that I lack confidence in a big way, and need to learn to trust! Today is Thomas Sunday in the East which I feel is very appropriate. Perhaps St. Thomas will help me turn from my lack of confidence to trust in the King's Divine Mercy. I read a few days ago a quote from a Saint who said that the one thing we owe God more than anything else is TRUST!

Today was my youngest sister's baptism. Please keep her in your prayers. She currently attends an evangelical church, and hopefully will find her way home to Catholicism one of these days. Until then...
All you who have been baptised into Christ
have put on Christ!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alluia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home