Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Monday, May 02, 2005

Somebody asked the other day why I haven't been blogging. I didn't realize anyone was still reading this corner of St. Blog's! The past few weeks have been insanely busy and an overload of emotions and thoughts with the passing of our Holy Father John Paul II and the appointment (by the Holy Spirit) of our new Papa Benedict XVI. I went to Adoration soon after I heard about our new Holy Father and bawled like a baby, both for JOY at such a gift, and for the grace of having had John Paul II for Shepherd for so many years. Days later I still haven't come up with words for such a GIFT! God be praised!

On Friday mom and I rushed madly into Pittsburgh for the delivery (a week and a half late!) of Gebreyesus, my second nephew. His daddy is Ethiopian (hence the rather unique name) which means "servant of God." Sis is doing well, although the delivery was difficult. My little two year old nephew is delighted by the arrival of the "cwying beby" and is already attempting to teach the newborn how to play with the basketball, trucks, and read Richard Scary books. The rest of us are reduced to cooing German terms of endearment over both their heads!

Finals and AP Exams are coming up rapidly, then I can head up to visit my Carmelite Sisters for awhile. Whoo-hoo!

Well, that's the news from Lake Wobegon...or something like that. Good night, and God love you!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Nicole DesOrmeaux said…

    im so pleased you decided to post- it has been too long dear...

     
  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    lake wobegon...we used to listen to garisson keeler on tape when we took family trips....he was such a riot....i loved listen to him....u brought back so many good memories

     

Post a Comment

<< Home