Dominus Illuminatio Mea

"...the gaze of the Church is constantly turned to her Lord, present in the Sacrament of the Altar, in which she discovers the FULL manifestantion of His boundless love." Ecclesia de Eucharistia

Sunday, September 11, 2005

I haven't posted in quite awhile, though I do have a lot to say about WYD. I'm interrupting my silence, however, to tell anyone who may still be reading that my brother is going to be received into the CHURCH!!! He called yesterday from college to tell us that he is officially beginning RCIA and to invite us to the Easter Vigil! I cried. lol. I don't cry easily, but I was so overjoyed.
"Dear young people, the happiness you are seeking, the happiness you have a right to enjoy has a name and a face: it is Jesus of Nazareth, hidden in the Eucharist." These were the words of the Holy Father to us at the Vigil, and this is what I feel my brother has at last discovered. My brother and I are very close, and without going into detail, I can say he has suffered a great deal...now he is drawing near to the fount of everlasting love! Praised be Jesus Christ, hidden in the Eucharist, now and FOREVER!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger onionboy said…

    God bless your brother; even though he comes to this understanding through sorrow, I am grateful God grace is touching him. May he meet Jesus again in the Eucharist.

    I read the quote by our Holy Father in the Catholic Register {a national Canadian bi-weekly newspaper} and was glad to be reminded of it again today. Thanks.

     
  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger ukok said…

    I'm always delighted to hear of those preparing to convert to the Catholicism. Thanks be to God!

    God bless you and your brother.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home